The Murrumbidgee Primary Health Network Immunisation Program works with stakeholders and supports general practices to deliver quality vaccination services, with the overall goal of improving immunisation coverage rates throughout MPHN boundaries. Currently, Murrumbidgee childhood immunisation rates are the highest in the country.
MPHN Immunisation Program
The Immunisation program:
- Assists and encourages general practices to maintain high immunisation coverage in their patient population to reduce the incidence of vaccine preventable infection diseases
- Promotes general practice participation in the General Practice Immunisation Incentive (GPII) Program targeting practice level childhood immunisation rates of at least 90%
- Supports General Practices to transfer immunisation encounter information to the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register (ACIR) electronically
- Promotes best practice in immunisation
- Disseminates resources and facilitates interdisciplinary education activities
MPHN has achieved the following:
- MPHN has remained a national leader in childhood immunisation maintaining childhood coverage rates of around 94%
- MPHN has been above the national average in all three reportable age ranges.
- Over half of the practices participating in the General Practice Immunisation Incentive achieved rates above 95%, with the majority above the target rate of 90%
- MPHN Immunisation Program has assisted practices to implement recall and reminder systems for children and to report online and on-time
- MPHN has delivered immunisation information to GP’s, Practice Nurses and other immunisation providers
The Immunisation program can help health professionals with:
- Guidance on registering for GPII and utilising ACIR reports to follow up children overdue for vaccination
- Facilitating educational activities
- Data cleaning, recall and reminder systems
- Providing up-to-date immunisation resources and information
- Support to enable best practice in immunisation and vaccine management
We provide practice support to assist general practice to manage immunisation schedules, catch-ups and cold chain management effectively. We provide in-practice education for:
- immunisation catch-up sessions – planning an immunisation catch up is often a confusing and daunting process, we can provide in-practice education to health professionals delivering immunisation services on how to plan a catchup immunisation.
- vaccine cold chain management – we provide in-practice education, assessment and advice on vaccine cold chain management to assist your practice to effectively manage these biological substances.
- data management – the management of immunisation records is essential to avoid unnecessary work for staff following up overdue immunisation or parenting payments being affected. We provide education and assistance on immunisation reporting requirements.
Data Logging Service
MPHN provides a data logger service to general practices within our boundaries. Contact us for more information.