About the ICS Program
The ICS program aims to support the integration and coordination of health services, to deliver improved health outcomes by building cohesive relationships and community awareness of primary health services across the Murrumbidgee Primary Health Network.
The Murrumbidgee Primary Health Network (MPHN) has ICS support officers based in Young, Griffith and Wagga to maintain community links and support MPHN staff with integration matters throughout the MPHN region.
ICS Support Officers:
- Provide a point of contact for general information regarding primary health services
- Facilitate a coordinated approach to the delivery of primary health services within MPHN
- Develop systems and processes to increase the awareness of services available within the community and how to access them
- Ensure effective engagement with a diverse range of stakeholders to improve the patient journey
How can the ICS Program help you?
- Provide a point of contact for information regarding primary health services and networks
- Coordinate resources and activities with stakeholders to enhance the delivery of programs and services with the goal of improving health outcomes for targeted groups
- Strengthen the networks and systems needed to support integration of primary health care, by facilitating collaborative relationships with service providers
- Established internal feedback mechanisms to enhance the flow of relevant issues from communities to MPHN to inform service provision and organisational planning
- Engaged local networks and key stakeholders to keep communities informed of primary health care services
- Supported MPHN staff with information sharing and building strong partnerships within the community and the MPHN, through liaison and consultation