The Murrumbidgee Primary Health Aged Care program aims to improve access to primary health care for residents of aged care facilities (RACFs) and those in the community receiving age care services
Aged Care Consortium
The Murrumbidgee Primary Health Network Aged Care Consortium provides a forum for key stakeholders from health, social and community sectors to improve coordination and equitable access to timely and appropriate care for the older person and their carers.
The Aged Care Consortium is working towards achieving a number of objectives:
- Support system reform through development of strategies which focus on improving coordination and address service gaps in aged care
- Development of strategies to assist clients, carers and providers to navigate the aged care system
- Support professional development opportunities for those working in aged care, encouraging inter professional and cross sector approaches
- Identify opportunities for joint initiatives and work together on joint funding opportunities when available
- Ensure the Aged Care Consortium and any initiatives of the Consortium are evaluated
- Ensure Aged Care Consortium positive outcomes are disseminated particularly throughout the Murrumbidgee region
Building partnerships in Aged Care
The Murrumbidgee Primary Health Network is currently working in partnership with the Murrumbidgee Local Health District, the NSW Agency for Clinical Innovation and members of the Murrumbidgee Aged Care Consortium to implement the Building Partnerships in Aged Care Project. This project is looking at improving the early detection of acute functional decline and access to appropriate and timely care for people receiving aged care services in Wagga Wagga LGA. Project objectives include:
- To improve the ability of aged care providers to identify risk of acute functional decline in their clients in Wagga Wagga by June 2016
- To improve the ability of health care providers to make informed and timely decisions about care for their patients in Wagga Wagga by June 2016
- To improve communication processes between health care and aged care providers
- To improve the older persons knowledge of how to access health and aged care services and understanding of what these services can offer to them
Looking for information on aged care services?
My Aged Care is the one-stop-shop for aged care services and information in Australia. Myagedcare provides information on:
- The different types of aged care services;
- Eligibility for services and help to find local services;
- Assessments and referrals to the providers of the service;
- Costs of aged care services including fees estimators.
Visit the myagedcare website for further information